MSDN ACTIVATE WINDOWS AZURE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS IS A TRADE PROMOTION LIMITED TO CURRENT MSDN SUBSCRIBERS AND IS NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
PLEASE NOTE: It is your sole responsibility to review and understand your employer’s policies regarding your eligibility to participate in trade promotions. If you are participating in violation of your employer’s policies, you may be disqualified from entering or receiving prizes. Microsoft disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer related to this matter, and prizes will only be awarded in compliance with the employer’s policies.
GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible.
This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes. If you do not agree with this provision and these Official Rules, please do not enter this Sweepstakes.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:These are the official rules that govern how the MSDN Activate Windows Azure sweepstakes will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Sweepstakes” throughout the rest of these rules.
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” and “Sponsor” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the organizer of the Sweepstakes. “You” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
This Sweepstakes starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on June 2, 2013, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on September 30, 2013 (“Entry Period”). Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
· You are a registered MSDN subscriber or authorized employee of a MSDN Corporate subscriber, in good standing as of June 2, 2013,
· You are18 years of age or older; and
o If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Sweepstakes; and
· You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
o PLEASE NOTE: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries / regions are not eligible to participate.
· You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
· You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
· You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is within the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
You will receive one Sweepstakes entry when you complete these steps during the Entry Period:
1. If you have not already done so, activate your Windows Azure MSDN benefit (included with eligible MSDN subscriptions) by visiting http://aka.ms/GetMyAzure and signing in with the Microsoft Account (formerly known as Live ID) associated with your MSDN subscription.
2. Follow the website instructions to activate your Windows Azure MSDN benefit.
3. Sign into the Windows Azure management portal (http://manage.windowsazure.com) with the same Microsoft Account (formerly known as Live ID). Use Windows Azure to deploy one web site or virtual machine (either one referred to as your “Entry”)
The content of your Entry will not be considered for the purposes of this Sweepstakes. Limit one Entry per person and MSDN user account.
We will automatically disqualify: any incomplete or illegible entry; or any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described below; or any entrant whose entry (in the reasonable belief of the Sponsor) is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who (in the reasonable belief of the Sponsor) tampers with the entry process or is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with this promotion or engages in any un-sportsman-like or dishonest conduct of any kind. We are not responsible for lost, corrupted, illegible or delayed entries or for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your Entry.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
Approximately 10 days following the close of the Entry Period, we or our agent will randomly select one Grand Prize winner from among all eligible Entries received. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to the random drawing.
(1) Grand Prize: A 2013 aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) US$118,600. ARV based on fair market value at the beginning of the Contest, and any difference in value at the time of winner determination will not be awarded.
Car comes equipped with standard manufacturers features. Sponsor may determine any features of automobile including but not limited to color of exterior and interior, and all other upgrades or non-standard features will be allowed only if permitted by delivery dealer and paid for by winner. Winner must be a licensed driver and will be required to provide proof of insurance at time of delivery. Winner is responsible for title, license, registration, dealer preparation costs, auto insurance and other fees and all taxes (federal, state, local national, and or/income) associated with the prize. Winner must take delivery of prize from the automobile dealership designated by Sponsor. Any options added to the vehicle at winner's request, and any expenses not listed that are related to acceptance and use of prize. At time of award of vehicle, prize winner will assume full ownership and responsibility for the vehicle. Vehicle shown in advertising may not be actual vehicle delivered. All reasonable efforts shall be used to provide the same model and year as shown, or at least a vehicle having substantially the same dealer cost.
In addition to the Grand Prize outlined above, each winner will also receive a single cash payment of $30,000 in the form of a corporate check, which is intended to assist with any federal, state, or other tax obligations related to the Grand Prize (the “Tax Gross-Up Payment”). The Tax Gross-Up Payment may not be sufficient to cover the winner’s entire tax liability related to winning the Grand Prize. All or a portion of the Tax Gross-Up Payment may be withheld by Sponsor to meet IRS requirements.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address, the phone number, or mailing address (if any) provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following the random drawing. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner, time allowing. If required only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize may remain un-awarded.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the MSDN account used to enter. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries we receive.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
· To abide by these Official Rules; and
· To release and hold harmless Microsoft, and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
· That Microsoft decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
· That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SWEEPSTAKES CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right randomly to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
If you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days after September 30, 2013, we will provide you with a list of winners that receive a prize worth $25.00 or more after the drawing is complete in mid-October.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052